Tax Planning & Preparation
The tax code gets more complicated each and every year. The tax code is so complicated that more than 60% of Americans hire a professional to prepare their annual income tax returns!
All of our tax returns are reviewed and signed by a Certified Public Accountant. We feel that our tax returns are of very high quality when compared to many of the tax returns prepared by some of our competitors.
Many of our clients have relatively complicated tax situations. We regularly deal with:
- Clients who own one or more businesses, we generally prepare those tax returns as well
- Clients who own a company and receive an annual K-1
- Rental properties
- Land Contracts
- The sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.
- College tuition deductions and credits
- Debt cancellation
- Gifts and estate tax issues including inheritances
- Roth IRA conversions
- IRA recharacterizations
- The Adoption Tax Credit
- The various Energy Credits that are now available
- Itemized Deductions
- Medical Heath Savings Accounts (HSA’s)
- Moving expenses
- Casualty losses
- Gambling income
- Student loan interest
- Indiana 529 plans
- Educator expenses
- Royalty income
- Employer non reimbursed expenses
- Home foreclosures
- Short sales
- Installment sales
There are many things that set us apart from the competition:
- We are available all year to answer your questions and assist you.
- We answer phone calls promptly and can generally resolve your issue or answer your question on the phone.
- We stand behind our work 100%.
- Each client is assigned one Certified Public Accountant who will handle their account. This allows us to build a strong relationship with each client.
- We have never extended a tax return if the required information has been submitted to us 15 days prior to the tax filing deadline.
- Many accounting firms outsource your tax work overseas; we feel that your finances are a private matter and we do not outsource any of our work outside of our office.
- We never sign our clients up for rapid refund loans or similar products. These products charge extremely high interest rates and we do not offer them. Our clients who choose direct deposit will get their refunds in 8 – 14 days!
We file tax returns for many different states and our business from states other than Indiana has grown significantly. Our office is located in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Please call Mike today at 260-407-5000 to arrange a free initial consultation!